ChinaSMACK has a contest up to win a copy of the book In China, my name is… which focuses on the phenomenon of Chinese people choosing English names for various reasons. All you have to do is post a comment to their contest post with a story or stories about Chinese people’s English names or foreigners’ Chinese names. My (slightly obnoxious) posting can already be found in the comment thread (Sorry Burr, I stole your story before I thought about sharing the link, maybe you can post a more accurate version :S ).Note: Mom I think you know this, but just to remind, ChinaSMACK is not safe for middle school (sorry, but you’ll see why pretty quick).
- RT @alexandraerin: "Turns out the words I used to describe a situation during the campaign MEAN SOMETHING. Nobody knew! Who could have gues… 5 days ago
- 有人能建议几本为一二岁的孩子的中文或者中英的儿童书。我见到的中文儿童书有太多此没那么多照片，或者只是从英文翻译的。我女儿是混血. #儿童 #书 5 days ago
- RT @Mad_Science_Guy: "Seek medical attention for airstrikes lasting more than four months. Be sure to ask your doctor if your nation is hea… 3 weeks ago
- RT @Slate: What happened to Putin's puppet? slate.me/2oNxHJy https://t.co/o9jRWG2i5K 3 weeks ago
- RT @KeeganNYC: We got 'em: NYPD records of undercover surveillance of the #BlackLivesMatter movement in NYC theguardian.com/us-news/2017/a… https:/… 3 weeks ago
- AI android Avatar Bing censorship Census 2010 cheap China Chinese Chinese names church coffee party comic craft dream e-bikes English English names food gaming Google Google Wave Guadalajara Guanajuato Hangzhou help haiti Hong Kong huaqiao humanoid internet Language map medicine memes meta Mexico Microsoft Morgantown movies Na'vi names nativity Obama organ donation organ transplant plywood politics pork prison Red Dawn reviews robot Russia sci-fi Spain spam swine flu Taiwan tools trade Travel vacciations wedding Wolfram Alpha woodworking words world WoW xkcd Zheda 汉字 猪肝面