ChinaSMACK has a contest up to win a copy of the book In China, my name is… which focuses on the phenomenon of Chinese people choosing English names for various reasons. All you have to do is post a comment to their contest post with a story or stories about Chinese people’s English names or foreigners’ Chinese names. My (slightly obnoxious) posting can already be found in the comment thread (Sorry Burr, I stole your story before I thought about sharing the link, maybe you can post a more accurate version :S ).Note: Mom I think you know this, but just to remind, ChinaSMACK is not safe for middle school (sorry, but you’ll see why pretty quick).
- RT @politico: 📻 Here's audio of what @seanspicer said at a press gaggle where certain media outlets were blocked from attending https://t.c… 11 hours ago
- There we go. Private prisons still a thing. Profit motive for large federal inmate population still a thing. twitter.com/MsPackyetti/st… 1 day ago
- RT @christinelu: More smackdowns needed. twitter.com/nyclibrarian/s… 6 days ago
- RT @christinelu: "...but the buying public has more money in their pocket.” marketplace.org/2017/02/17/eco… https://t.co/8JDwU5nNJR 1 week ago
- RT @Slate: How state attorneys general could take down Trump over emoluments: slate.me/2llJr3V https://t.co/EF76zQLN6V 1 week ago
- AI android Avatar Bing censorship Census 2010 cheap China Chinese Chinese names church coffee party comic craft dream e-bikes English English names food gaming Google Google Wave Guadalajara Guanajuato Hangzhou help haiti Hong Kong huaqiao humanoid internet Language map medicine memes meta Mexico Microsoft Morgantown movies Na'vi names nativity Obama organ donation organ transplant plywood politics pork prison Red Dawn reviews robot Russia sci-fi Spain spam swine flu Taiwan tools trade Travel vacciations wedding Wolfram Alpha woodworking words world WoW xkcd Zheda 汉字 猪肝面